Whether you're a brand new beginner to reading music or you know some of the basics already, we'll start at the beginning and slowly build up a good foundation of musical principals. Here's an overview of what we'll cover in the course:
- Basic Rhythms: To give you a good foundation before moving on to more complex music theory we start by covering the very basic notes and their time values.
- Time Signatures: In this section of the course, you'll learn all about bar lines, bars and time signatures, what they are and why they're so important when reading music.
- Notes on the Stave: We'll introduce the stave and how to write notes on it and all the rules about notes on the stave.
- Notating Pitch: Pitch is when it starts getting interesting and in this section you'll learn all about the musical alphabet and everything you need to know about clefs.
- More Time Values: We'll cover some more note values including tied and dotted notes and how use rests in music.
- Harmony: You'll learn all about harmony including how to work out scales, keys, key signatures and intervals.
- Grouping Notes and Rests: In these videos we cover some more of the more complex rules around grouping notes and rests in different time signatures.
- Performance Directions: Lastly, we cover all you need to know about performance directions including lessons on tempo, dynamics and lots more.
Additional resources: As well as all these video lessons you'll receive additional print outs, links to useful resources and quizzes to help you learn quicker.